vrijdag 21 februari 2020

Nothing in My Hands...
 
Besides drawing and music, I've had a life-long interest in close-up magic. I loved it as a kid and it's been a hobby of mine on and off throughout my life. The past five years or so, I've been spending more and more of my free time reading magic books and practicing tricks. I particularly like cards, but also enjoy the occasional coin trick.
 
I remember one of the first books I ever bought was Jean Hugard's "More Card Manipulations". I was around 13 or so, and it was a bit beyond me - but I loved the illustrations, which were done by Nelson Hahne. He illustrated many magic books and had a wonderful bold and expressive style, but it was always clearly rendered.
 
Inspired, I thought I'd combine my two interests and try my hand at a few drawings. I'd love to one day illustrate a trick, a book or lecture notes - it'd be a great experience, I think. 
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten